MY COMPLAINTS HANDING PROCEDURE – IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH MY PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE
Current solicitor professional regulations require me to publish on my website my complaints handling procedure, relating to my professional assistance as Solicitor (English lawyer) only. I would like to add that for many years, as far as I can remember, I have not received any complaints from any of my clients.
As a Solicitor (English lawyer) I must comply with the professional ethics and standards set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). There is a specific code of practice (https://www.sra.org.uk/handbook ) and if you wish to contact the “Solicitors Regulation Authority” you can do so as follows:
Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 1RN
Tel: 0370 606 2555
Or if calling from abroad: +44 (0) 121 616 1999
I am committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all my clients. If something goes wrong, I need you please, to tell me about it. This will help me to improve my standards.
If you have any complaint, please contact me with the details.
What will happen next ?
- I shall send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this complaints procedure.
- I shall then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve me reconsidering the matter / your instructions / your points as objectively and helpfully as possible.
- I shall then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. I shall do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, I shall write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions I may have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or if it is not possible, I shall send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including my suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, I shall review the decision.
- I shall write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming my final position on your complaint and explaining my reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact:
Legal Ombudsman, Edward House, Quay Place, Birmingham B1 2RA
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Or if calling from abroad: +44 121 245 3050
about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of my final written response to you on your complaint but for further information, you should please contact the Legal Ombudsman.
Alternatively, you may contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority directly as stated above.
MY DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This Data Protection Statement sets out how I use your personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically or otherwise). You can contact me (Data Controller) at:
Dr Claudio Del Giudice,
30th Floor, 40 Bank Street,
London E14 5NR,
Tel. +44 – 203 102 9650
if you have any questions.
I take security and data protection very seriously and I shall insist on strict compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any other applicable legislation. The purpose of this Statement is to make you aware of how I shall handle your personal data.
I am notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under Registration No. Z9667984.
THE PURPOSE OF MY PROCESSING
Whether or not you become my client, I shall process and save your personal data I may receive from you. I shall save your personal data, store it also electronically and use it in order to provide you with my professional services, comply with the general law and my legal obligations, safeguard my legitimate interest under my terms of business or the general law, as in force from time to time.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA I COLLECT AND USE
I collect data from anyone contacting me and from all my clients.
I collect and save some or all the following information from my clients:
- Full name and personal details including contact information (home address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers), National Insurance Number, Codice Fiscale and marital status, and similar information / documentation
- Date and place of birth and sometimes, occupation
- Copy of passports and other valid identity documents. Copy of evidence of address, as requested and supplied to me, from time to time
- Bank account details and copy cheques received from you, copy of your Italian title deeds, Wills and other documentation, in Italian or in English, relevant to the instructions I may receive from you / your matter
- Search engines results and where relevant copy of personal data, information and documentation available on the internet
- Similar personal data, information and documentation.
DATA DISCLOSURE – SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I keep all your personal data strictly private and confidential at all times, therefore, I shall not disclose your personal data to third parties except where authorised by you, or in order to comply with your instructions or to comply with the law and / or professional regulations, where requested by the Courts, the Authorities or my Supervisory Professional Bodies, strictly as I may be requested, from time to time.
Your personal data will be stored within the United Kingdom.
DURATION FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE HELD
I review my data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of my processing. I normally keep your personal data for up to 10 years, however I reserve the right to keep your personal data for a longer time where reasonably required by the specific purposes of my processing mentioned above.
TECHNICAL AND ORGANISATIONAL SECURITY
All your personal data is saved on electronic data storage equipment and files kept in safe private locations where they will be secure and not available to any third parties.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by me in my records;
- require me to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to me to delete what personal data of yours I hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from me.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact me at:
Claudio@Italy-UK-Law.com Tel. +44 – 0203 102 9650
Should you wish to complain about the use of your personal data, I would ask that you contact me to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to my use of your personal data. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113